Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Thursday, February 5

Hurry up and wait

The whole process of applying to residency consists of hurrying up and waiting. First we have to complete the application, then wait for interviews, then interview, then wait for the rank list to open, then complete the rank list (my top choices for residencies) then wait for THE MATCH (March 19). Then pretend to still be interested in whatever rotation I am currently on after the match when all I can think of is graduation on May 24th.

Each step of the way has had it's worries, joys and frustrations. I will be glad when the process is over, but I think I've learned a lot about myself. I'm very happy to be going into a specialty that cares for all of a patient's problems and I am excited to be someone's "doctor".

More to follow when I find out where I will be for the next 3-4 years!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home