Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Tuesday, April 7

The Match

Match day (the one day where everyone applying to US residencies find out where they have been accepted) was March 19th. It was a nerve racking week as I went through varies scenarios in my head of where I had matched. That morning my mom, Steve and Dietrich were all present as I opened the envelope. I was so overwhelmed with happiness when I saw I got my first choice that I starting crying. It was a very happy day for me and my friends and we went to Disneyland to celebrate. (pictures to follow)
I was accepted the a combined Family and Preventive Medicine residency at Loma Linda. This residency was created 3 years ago with missionary doctors in mind. I will be double board certified in family and preventive medicine and will get my Masters of Public Health. I have the option of getting the MPH in global medicine, which will be very helpful on the mission field. I am very excited about starting residency on June 30th, but I am also scared. It will mean many 80 hr work weeks and many nights spent away from Steve and Dietrich. But I am so excited to be an MD, able to have my own patients and write my own orders and prescriptions. All the hard work and dedication is going to finally pay off. Graduation is just around the corner on May 24th and can hardly wait to be done!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am SOOOOOOO excited for you! I know how much you have wanted this for so long and how much work you have put in to med school. I know that God has amazing plans for you and your match at Loma Linda! I know that I am all the way in FV, but if there is every anything I can do for you guys, please call me! We have to hang out lots before you start, cause then I wont see you for years! :) Congratulations Dr. Rikki! (Please tell me your scrubs are in farmhouse red!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home