Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Thursday, August 12

Internship

I'm not going to write a very long post on how my internship was. I'm only going to say that it had its ups and downs, I'm glad its over, and I really enjoyed it. Overall I love my job and have no doubt that this is what I was made to do. I didn't kill anyone (that I know of) and helped many people through their diseases. I am becoming more comfortable being called Dr. and am always amazed that people actually consider ME their primary doctor. This next year will have a lot less overnight call and some fun electives. I also get to experience my first block of preventive medicine, something we don't get to do a lot of in the first year but spend increasingly more time in as we move through residency. I think Dietrich and Steve have survived being an intern's widower and orphan :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home