Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Tuesday, July 19

All Growned Up

I am very scared that I am now grown up. My mom got me a very nice suit for my birthday and I LOVE it. It wasn't that long ago that I still enjoyed getting toys for my birthday, now I enjoy getting business suits. Okay, so I was older than most when I stopped getting toys, not including Barbie's since I collect them, but still it only seems like yesterday that I was a kid. I am very excited to grow up, but at the same time I'm terrified. Responsibility, financial debt, marriage . . . all these things come with being grown up. My husband just started a job as a pastor and he preached at our new church on Sunday. I am a Pastor's wife!!! That I think is the scariest thing. I love the church, but it is so weird to thing that my husband is one of the pastors. Anyways, I guess I just need to embrace adulthood but I can't help but wish on occasion that I could still be 8 yrs old.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:14 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I think the trick is to act like your 8 where it is still appropriate, like around friends. Then the adult thing doesn't get boring

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Pastor Stew said…

    It's ok hunny, I love you and will help you embrace your adulthood. Even if I have to buy you more adult toys like iPods and XBox games!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home