Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Wednesday, March 22

Evidence of a Baby

Today we went to the Dr. to hear the heart beat. First they found the heart with the doppler and it took a little while (which I was prepared for) then found it. The baby was moving around so they would get it and then lose it right away. I then asked if they could do an ultrasound since they have one in the office. It's very un-official, they can't see a lot with it but we did see a baby. We saw his/her legs, arms, briefly the head, the abdomen and the tiny beating heart. The baby was kind of standing up and facing towards us so the head was mostly out of view. It was really cool. The baby was doing somersaults. It was all kind of surreal though, I can't believe that the little being we saw on the screen is actually inside me. I thought I would get all emotional, but I think I still don't believe it. I'm really relieved that everything looks fine so far. I'm really glad that Steven could be there to experience it too.

Just two more days of tests then off to Hawaii!!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Congratulations again on the baby! I can't wait to see the first pictures!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home