Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Saturday, March 4

We're Moving!

Just when it started to seem like we would never be able to move out, we were blessed with a place to move to. The church is still struggling to pay Steven so I was getting kind of depressed, wondering if we would have our own place by the time the baby came. Then, a few days later Steven called me to tell me that we were given the opportunity to live in a Condo the pastor's brother-in-law bought. The amazing thing is, we don't have to pay rent! It's in a poor neighborhood in San Bernardino, but it seems to be safe. The complex in gated and there are several families in the church who live there so we know it's not dangerous. The Condo is very nice, they are doing some minor repairs and even giving us new carpet and floors and we got to pick out paint too. It's very exciting. Eventually we plan on trying to buy something of our own, but for now this is going to be perfect. We were hoping to move in next week, but things got pushed back. Since I have finals coming up in two weeks we probably won't move in until after Spring Break (we're going on our honeymoon to Hawaii). It doesn't really matter when we move in to me, I'm just so happy to be moving. The place is only 5 min from church and 15 from school, so we will be saving a lot of money on gas. I'll post pictures as soon as the place is fixed up.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    congrats! That is really great news! First Hawaii and then a new place, thats the life!

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    I'm excited for you! It's exciting to move into a new place!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home