Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Wednesday, March 1

Class of 2009 Dedication Service


A few weeks ago we had a lovely dedication service at school. It was preceded by family day where our parents came and experienced a day in the life of a med student. My parents came and went to three lectures with me which they enjoyed, then we had a pretty good lunch, all vegetarian of course because of the school's affiliation with the Seventh day Adventist church, and then they got a history lesson about the school and learned about the long educational road we have ahead of us. At the evening service we were presented with Bibles engraved with the school's emblem. My husband and his parents came to the evening service. It was a wonderful day and I'm really glad everyone could make it.

The picture was taken while we stated the Christian physician's oath. I'm in the front row in a yellow sweater, 5 people in from the left side.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Sounds fabulous to have such wonderful support!

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    That's wonderful! 2009 seems far away in number but I am sure with all you have going on it will be here before you know it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home