Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Thursday, February 16

Can I Go to Sleep Now?

Boy have I been exhausted lately. I know it's all part of being pregnant, but I didn't have a lot of energy before I got pregnant so it's even worse now. I got through midterms with failing only one test (I was ONE POINT away from passing). I'm actually surprised on how well I did on some of them considering I didn't study all that much because I was tired and felt nauseous. But I got through it alright. This week has been a very busy week at school and I haven't been able to take naps in the afternoon, so I feel like I could just sleep for three days straight! But enough complaining.
I went to my first OB appt yesterday and I really love my Dr. She's young and really nice and caring. As long as I stay low risk she will deliver my baby. She said everything looks on track and she's keeping the due date of Sept 29. I don't have to go back for a month, and at that appt they will look for the heartbeat. I think it will be so much more real when I hear the heart beat for the first time. I'm excited. Well, that's about all for now.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Congrats on balancing school and baby stuff! It all sounds very crazy but exciting too!

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger Jenni said…

    I can really, really relate to the nausea thing. I'm praying that it will pass soon.

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmmm...naps. I love my naps! The exhaustion gets a little better in second trimester, but I'm tired again now so it will return. As for when the nausea goes away...I'm at 34 weeks. I'll let you know when I feel better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home