Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Wednesday, January 18

I Love So Cal


Only in California can you drive from the mountains to the beach in an hour, have lunch in Chinatown, go to Disneyland a few days later and be a movie extra for a part time job! I am so happy to be back in California.
On Friday I went to visit my parents in Orange County and we went to Chinatown in downtown LA for lunch. We went to have dim sum, but they were no longer serving lunch when we got there, so we went to the famous Hop Louie restaurant. It was so good. I also picked up the cutest Chinese style dress, shoes and parasol for my 4 yr. old niece (all for under $30 I might add).
Then on Monday we went to Disneyland with my sister in law and the kids. I had a annual pass for 5 years in high school and college and it was fun to go back after some things have changed. The new Space Mountain is really fun, a lot smoother and faster. I love Disneyland!!
I found out that my sister has decided to be a movie and TV extra for some extra cash while she peruses her music career. Only in So Cal!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Pastor Stew said…

    You forgot to mention the great Mexican food and the always hip smog that fills our lungs with the soothing polution that our lungs have come to depend on. But I agree about Disneyland and Space Mountain. I thought they were great!

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Glad you had fun, I kind of miss how much there was to do in CA. If I drove for an hour in any direction here I would be in the ever exciting middle of nowhere!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home