Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Friday, June 2

Ordination


Steve was ordained last night in a beautiful service at the conclusion of our church district's yearly assembly. It was the first assembly I've been to, and although it got long at times, I really did enjoy hearing what has gone on in other churches this past year. Being a relatively new Nazarene, I'm still learning about the administrative side of the church, but I think it's kind of fun. I was happy to see the pastor of the church where I went while in college (he also married Steve and I) and his wife and kids. I met a lot of new people too.

The ordination was truly a celebration of the call God has put on Steve's life. I hadn't really thought about what the ordination meant for our family until I was sitting in the service, listening to one of the 6 heads of our denomination talk about it. He was encouraging us to not lose heart when times get tough and to always stay true to the call. I guess I never realized how hard it can become, now that Steve is ordained and we have publicly announced our commitment to a life in ministry. Currently we are in a wonderful church that is very supportive of us, but this may not always be the case. My eyes were opened to that fact that we will be somewhat in the public eye due to Steve's call to be a pastor, and that can be rough. These are things I just haven't thought about much until last night. I don't really feel any different since last night, but I do feel a permanence to the ministry Steve and I have dedicated our lives to.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    That really is a lot of responsibility on you as well as Stew. I think it is smart that you are thinking of these now as that same responsibility will fall on your children one day as well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home