Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Thursday, August 18

On the Wards #2

Well, I'm about to finish my second and final week on the wards before I start class. It has been a good experience overall, although a little boring at times. I've seen a lot of pretty neat and rare things, but also some sad things. One of the kids that my team was taking care of died. She has been very sick for a long time, so in a way it is a blessing. But it is always sad when a kid dies. You always hold out some hope that they will get better. It was kind of a surprise because most of us didn't realize she was so sick and we were still trying to treat all her issues. But at least she is in no longer suffering.
Other than that it has been good. I got to hold a baby today so it was a good day!! Tomorrow I will be getting all the syllabi and notes for the classes. Then on Monday all the stress starts!! I'm excited though, this is what I've been waiting for and working towards for a very long time.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    And the fun begins, it is so exciting to see you doing what you love! Hang in there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home