Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Saturday, August 6

Oh My, I'm Almost a Doctor!

Yesterday we had our white coat ceremony. They told us that we need to embrace the fact that we are doctors. That when people see the white coat they will assume we are doctors and ask us for help. This is a frightening concept! I don't know anything yet, please don't ask me questions. We received our white coats yesterday in a ceremony that our parents were invited to. This ceremony, along with orientation the last few days, made it very real to me. I think I have been so excited about getting in that I haven't really thought about the fact that I will be a doctor soon! In charge of real patient's lives!
Throughout orientation they have talked about how hard the first two years are going to be. (The first two years are mostly spent in the classroom and pathology lab.) I am really scared. I know I will do well, and make it thru, but I haven't really thought about all the memorizing and studying I will have to do. In the beginning I will probably study 5-6 hrs a day. Then once I get used to it I will probably do about 3-4. That is a lot of studying!! But I've met some really cool and nice people so far that I know will help me. So be prepared to hear me complaining a lot about how much studying I have to do and how overwhelming Med School is!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home