Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Saturday, December 31

Elphaba Lives!!


It took me 3 months to start and one week to finish Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire. I loved Wicked and highly recommend it to anyone and was thus very excited to start the sequel. Once I started it I wasn't sure if I'd like it. I've read other books by Maguire and didn't like them nearly as much as Wicked so I wondered if I would like Son of a Witch that much. Well, I do! It took a while to get into but I loved it. It really raises questions of identity, what defines who we are and how we grow up. Reading Son of a Witch about a year after Wicked was like returning to a beloved location and rediscovering it. I think Maguire kind of left it open at the end, so hopefully he is thinking of writing a sequel to the sequel. I think anyone who likes to read should read these books, but it would probably help to read Wicked first in order to understand the situation and characters in Son of a Witch. Next I plan to read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe after seeing the beautiful movie! We'll see how long it takes for me to finish it.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I really enjoyed Son of a Witch as well. I was very excited about the ending and would love it there was another book. Totally worth three moths of reading!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home