Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Thursday, December 29

What Christmas Means to Me

I love Christmas, it is my favorite holiday. Not because of the presents, which is why I liked it so much as a child, but because of the significance of it. I love singing the Christmas hymns about the birth of Christ. I love getting together with family and sharing about my life and finding out about theirs. I can't really explain the feelings I have of Christmas, but I always get teary eyed when I hear O Holy Night or Hark the Harold Angels Sing because of the beautiful imagery of the birth of Christ. I can't even imagine what that night was like but when I try I am overwhelmed with emotion. This Christmas I felt was extra significant because of it being on Sunday. Normally I would be upset by my traditions getting mixed up because we went to church on Christmas, but this year I was overjoyed to worship on that special day. So, people may say what they will about the materialism of Christmas or whatever, but it is still the most special time of year for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home