Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Saturday, December 10

The Problem with Med School

I have waited my whole life to undergo this experience. However, the biggest downfall I see so far is that there is not enough time to really enjoy the material. I am really excited about the material that we are learning, but the pace is SOOOOOOOOO fast that I am finding myself struggling to stay interested. For instance, right now we finished learning about immunity. In college we took 8 weeks to do this, but here we took about 3. I think it is fascinating but I just don't have time to get excited about it. There is just too much to learn! I am still having fun but I'm ready for vacation! Hopefully I will get used to the pace as time goes on and will learn to appreciate what I am learning despite the speed in which it is presented to me.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Its crazy to think how much you have to know. I am sure when you finally get the chance to focus on one area you will feel that excitement again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home