Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Tuesday, September 26

The Waiting Continues

Last night at 9 I started having some pretty significant contractions that were 2 min apart and lasted about 1 min each. So, after about 3 hours of waiting to see if they would last, we went to the hospital. They got us in a room, hooked me up to the monitors after I changed into the fashionable gown and got all checked in. Then the nurse checked my progress. Since I was only 2.5 to 3 cm dilated, they sent me home to get some sleep. I was totally expecting to wake up in the middle of the night and rush back in. But no. We got home at 2 am, I woke up at 8:30 with some small and irregular contractions and proceeded to try and restart my labor, which included walking around the mall for a few hours. This was not successful as I am no longer having contractions. This suspense is just killing me!! I'm sure that since I wasn't at school today everyone has assumed that I've had the baby. Now I have to go back to school tomorrow and explain that no, it was just a false alarm. I really wish the baby would just come out already!! We have a Dr. appt tomorrow, so we will see what is going on then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home