Doctor in Training

Hi. My name is Rikki and I am now a Family and Preventive Medicine resident in Southern CA. I hope you enjoy what nonsense I decide to post. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Wednesday, October 11

Dietrich Wesley


He is finally here!! I'm sorry it has taken me so long to post about the baby's birth, but as you can imagine things have been pretty crazy!! He was born on Oct 3rd at 12:13 pm after 15 hours of labor (3 1/3 exhausting hours spent pushing!) He was 7 lbs 14 oz and 19 in long. He is a perfect baby, he only cries when he needs something, mostly to feed, and he often sleeps for 5-6 hrs at a time. The only thing is he usually likes to eat for about 2 hours in the middle of the night, so sleep has been lacking. We are really enjoying getting to know him and the love I have for him was so strong the first time I saw him and has only been growing since then. I'm doing well, healing from the trauma inflicted from all the pushing and trying to study for midterms next week.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Andres said…

    awwww... so cute.

    A dad told me he didn't have a full night's sleep until after 5 years... He has more than one, but still.. scary huh

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    a little late but congratulations, he is beautiful!

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He is so handsome! My son was exactly the same height and weight as Dietrich!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home